• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Stacey_73

Stacey_73

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

Okay, so I confess that the idea of one long thread dedicated to the canvas bits I came up with to share bothered me a little bit. I mean, it wasn't as though I was going to all THAT prolific, right?

Ha.

Anyway. I figured if I just DID it and committed to keeping it all in one place (as it was originally suggested by Atlas XD ) then everyone would be able to locate said files quickly and easily for I have indeed proven to be somewhat prolific and they are beginning to clutter up the forum.

So! Here it is. Atlas? is there any means by which you can transfer the other files here as well? If not, would it be okay if I were to upload them again for the sake of tidiness?

Annnnd...Now that the responsible stuff has been addressed, let's cut right back over to the fun stuff again.

I've been on a bit of an Asian kick lately and thought I'd share a couple. While I will not be giving them all away, I WILL have a small hand full to upload. A handfull in Stacey Speak can be anywhere from 5 to 12...Depending on my current level of obsession. :D

Here are the first two.

S_73_Asian_001.jpg

Attached File  Asian001_A.gtx   19.98KB   146 downloads

As usual, I have applied a few styles I've made in order to show off how the vector has been grouped for wider texture options.

Here is the second.

S_73_Asian_002.jpg
Attached File  S73_Asian_002A.gtx   32.94KB   144 downloads

Enjoy! :)

#2 Eclair

Eclair

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:31 AM

Very kind of you to share with us. Those birds are beautiful. I do like your artistic style! I hope to contribute when I have a bit more free time on my hands (hopefully soon!) :D

#3 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

Oh Stacey 73, these are just beautiful. You are such a skillful artist! Thank you for sharing. And the idea of grouping gtxs in a similar thread is very useful for finding them later. :D

Edited by MonsterMind, 05 July 2009 - 10:44 AM.

I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#4 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

Very kind of you to share with us. Those birds are beautiful. I do like your artistic style! I hope to contribute when I have a bit more free time on my hands (hopefully soon!) :)

That will be nice! If everyone contributes just a few, each one will get thousands back in return. :D

#5 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:03 AM

Stunning designs yet again! :D :)

Atlas? is there any means by which you can transfer the other files here as well? If not, would it be okay if I were to upload them again for the sake of tidiness?

Sounds like you want your first post here to be the main one. The forum merge tool will unfortunately mess that up by putting the older posts above it. In this case it may be better if you just reposted your others here.

#6 Music3000

Music3000

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

Wow these are very nice :D

#7 MFM

MFM

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

Awesome! ... those are works of art (O.O)

#8 Stacey_73

Stacey_73

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

Sorry I've not been about much lately. Life has been...Interesting.

Thought I would pop this silly little kitty up that occupied me today as I took a break from the 'uber monster' canvas goody I've been working on for the last few days. It's somewhat insane on a few levels so taking a step back to unwind with something silly and easy was a nice change of pace. :)

The other will take a few more days yet before it's done ( I did mention the insane part, right?) So in the mean time,

Enjoy. :mellow:

-stace-S_73_Silly_Catsm.png
Attached File  S_73_Silly_Cat.gtx   24.15KB   100 downloads

While I'm here... I have no idea if any of you will like and/or find the next 'monster' I'm making useful or not.. and as my ultimate goal IS usability, I wouldn't mind feedback and or suggestions any of you have them. A request here and there should be do-able if there is an example provided (and if I feel I can handle it <_<) So if there is a shape(s) you would all like to see made, sound off and I'll make a small list. :)

Edited by Stacey_73, 28 July 2009 - 04:16 PM.

#9 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

Nice. Looks very proud.

#10 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:43 AM

Great design as always, Stacey! <_< I think you definitely captured the innate silliness of all cats. :mellow:

Partially inspired from your thread, and partially from previous requests, we're looking more closely at the possibility of a Canvas snippets tool that will function kind of like a clip-art library built directly into the Canvas node, which will make it a ton easier to collect and reuse design elements. If you were interested in donating some of your designs to help build up the initial library, that would be pretty cool!

Some of the more complex designs from MonsterMind's shield thread would fit in too. :)

#11 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

Some of the more complex designs from MonsterMind's shield thread would fit in too. :mellow:

I am glad to hear that some of my work can be useful. I will be expanding my shield collection, so hopefully you could find more useful design elements. <_<

Edited by MonsterMind, 29 July 2009 - 02:54 PM.

#12 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

I'd say you both have the market on mastering the canvas. <_<

#13 Music3000

Music3000

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:39 AM

Really nice canvas designs here :)

Partially inspired from your thread, and partially from previous requests, we're looking more closely at the possibility of a Canvas snippets tool that will function kind of like a clip-art library built directly into the Canvas node, which will make it a ton easier to collect and reuse design elements.

Nice, this will make the canvas workflow really great, if we can organize folders like styles and maybe save the style setups with them this will be amazing. :nerd:

#14 Schbeurd

Schbeurd

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

Really nice cat Stacey. You're really mastering the canvas. :nerd: :)

#15 Stacey_73

Stacey_73

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

Great design as always, Stacey! :) I think you definitely captured the innate silliness of all cats. :D

Partially inspired from your thread, and partially from previous requests, we're looking more closely at the possibility of a Canvas snippets tool that will function kind of like a clip-art library built directly into the Canvas node, which will make it a ton easier to collect and reuse design elements. If you were interested in donating some of your designs to help build up the initial library, that would be pretty cool!

Some of the more complex designs from MonsterMind's shield thread would fit in too. :D

You sir, have just made a somewhat crappy day...Much MUCH better with this news :D :yahoo: :D

I think a clip art library would be absolutely -epic- and would push the usability of the program just that much further. And given the chance to achieve a sort of graphic immortality by kicking off the library is a temptation I am not even going to -try- to resist. :P That would be delightful! Would you like me to keep those destined for the clip art library off the forum until release, or to just continue posting here? OR I could do both. Put up designs as I have been, but keeping the insanity of them to a workable level for the forums, then zipping up my rather more complex (read-insane endeavors (Splines -everywhere-..Weeeee! ;) ) for you all to use when/if ready later?

(sorry it's taken so long to get back to you on this.. I've been doing the family thing the last week or so. Retreating with Genetica sounds like JUST the thing after all that!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users