#1 Electra

Electra

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

hello, i have windows xp home sp 3

i have download the programm, but when i will install it,
it ask will you download Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package,
i said yes ofcourse, but it download nothing, when i go to the windows update site then it give a error can't find the page, this have i on every site also on the site from spiral the link dont work anymore.
So how can i get this Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package, looks like i need it for the programm

let me know please

Edited by Electra, 12 March 2009 - 06:49 PM.

#2 MichaelH

MichaelH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

hello, i have windows xp home sp 3

i have download the programm, but when i will install it,
it ask will you download Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package,
i said yes ofcourse, but it download nothing, when i go to the windows update site then it give a error can't find the page, this have i on every site also on the site from spiral the link dont work anymore.
So how can i get this Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package, looks like i need it for the programm

let me know please

When you have windows xp home sp3 you don't need to download the NET Framework 2.0. You already have it ( or a heighter version ).

Take a look at: control panel / software

#3 Electra

Electra

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

When you have windows xp home sp3 you don't need to download the NET Framework 2.0. You already have it ( or a heighter version ).

Take a look at: control panel / software

hi, it dont show up in my software under software or windows software, mine pc is 3 years old i think but it have all the updates but that file i dont have it.

Maybe i must search deeper, under something where it could be that its maybe off in my software files, that i must activate it?

I have also send a message to the support from this site but no answer yet

take a file from my pc and try to install that, then its search and try to install it but after 5 times it says cant connect the site, then it give a error message i open it and it give this.
C:\DOCUME~1\Electra\LOCALS~1\Temp\WLFF2.tmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Electra\LOCALS~1\Temp\SDBF3.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\BITS.LOG

i search for it but cant find that temps

Edited by Electra, 13 March 2009 - 01:16 PM.

#4 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

Hi, maybe this page will help:

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#5 Electra

Electra

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

Hi, maybe this page will help:

New members can't link//New members can't link.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

thanks you, but dont help, when i click on the download button, another screen go's open and it said cant find the page,
while windows said, thanks for downloading it, its very strange this, i think i must clean my c drive and install windows again that there is a big virus or whatever on it

#6 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

I just went to download it myself just now. The thank you for downloading the program came up but also a small screen asking me to save it. So the microsoft page seems to work

I cannot understand why you have a problem. Check whether the small screen is hiding behind another page.
I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#7 Electra

Electra

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

nope no other screen behind it, i had also that when i was on the window site and touch the button from downloading, it go's back to google, and there is says can't find the page, so i dont eighter what the problem is

#8 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:30 AM

Electra, here's the .NET redistributable hosted on our site: http://www.spiralgra...etFx35setup.exe

Does that work?

#9 Electra

Electra

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

yes Atlas, i can download that, but then comes the problems with it will install and download the file, its try 5 times and then still nothing, this are the errors it gives me:

I search for the files but i cant find them on pc, my temp folder is empty, and the bits.log are not in that system folder

then its says that i can open the readme file for some download problems why i cant install and download it, but then i come on a site and that site gives me, cant find this site.
Its only this pc what have that problems
i download this program also on vista and there it dont give any problems, it had a old net frame file the 1.0 but that is changed. ( but thats not this pc where i work on it, so i hope the fault will be found)

so if any one can give me the readme files what the problems are for download and install it then i can fix it maybe on my pc, or i must clean up my C drive, or maybe a set up in my explorer, i dont know whats the problem is, it is strange.

#10 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

yes Atlas, i can download that, but then comes the problems with it will install and download the file, its try 5 times and then still nothing, this are the errors it gives me:

I search for the files but i cant find them on pc, my temp folder is empty, and the bits.log are not in that system folder

then its says that i can open the readme file for some download problems why i cant install and download it, but then i come on a site and that site gives me, cant find this site.
Its only this pc what have that problems
i download this program also on vista and there it dont give any problems, it had a old net frame file the 1.0 but that is changed. ( but thats not this pc where i work on it, so i hope the fault will be found)

so if any one can give me the readme files what the problems are for download and install it then i can fix it maybe on my pc, or i must clean up my C drive, or maybe a set up in my explorer, i dont know whats the problem is, it is strange.

If I remember right the search will always show empty unless you unhide the temp folder. The temp folder that IE uses is not the same temp folder in your root folder or windows folder.
I would more than likely believe that you have a program blocking the download. Whether it be a virus program, firewall, or Vista's meddling. Are you getting any messages during the download process?
Right now I am a bit dumbfounded with your issue. But I have a feeling it is something quite simple.

#11 Electra

Electra

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:05 AM

hi Silkrooster,

The temp files what its says is in my local settings,

I have taken the file from the link what Atlas give me, and then i open it and it go's download and install it but after the 5 times its says, we have a problem, cant download or install it look for the site, so i will go to that site and that give also, i can't find the page, if the site could work to me then i can read what the problems are now i can't

yes i think there block something, and i think google or something stop it, the virus scanner don't block it,

i dont get any message during the download process,

#12 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

I did some research and discovered that "BITS" is a service that some Microsoft products will use to download stuff from the internet. A few people have the same problem that you do, where BITS doesn't seem to work, possibly because it is being blocked by some security application.

I found a version of the .NET Framework redistributable that can be downloaded all at once. Hopefully this will allow you to download the entire framework directly without needing to use the BITS service. Here's the link: http://download.micr.../dotnetfx35.exe

#13 Electra

Electra

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

thank you Atlas, but also that site it give me a error, can't find the page,

i clean up this week mine c drive, maybe something is holding on pc that i cant open the sites, I let here a message when i am ready with it, and i have luck that i can download it and when i have the program working, i make alot textures with other programs, but wooden shop likes easy so i must try it out.

Thank you all, for trying to help me :good:

#14 Electra

Electra

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

hello all,

i have clean up my pc and everything works now so i can play with the program

this topic can close i think

#15 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

i have clean up my pc and everything works now so i can play with the program

Glad to hear it! In case this issue ever comes up again, can you let us know what "cleaning up your PC" involved?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users