7 replies to this topic

#1 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

Today Genetica Viewer 3 is entering open beta! Grab it here. Edit: Genetica Viewer 3 is now released, and is available here.

Highlights:

* Genetica Viewer 3 is capable of opening and rendering textures created with Genetica 3.0. This includes the ability to render Canvas drawings.

* Genetica Viewer 3 can download any HDRI resources that may be needed to render specific textures. Viewer won't download the highest resolution version, for example, if Genetica is capable of downloading a 3200 x 1600 environment map, Viewer will download at most a 1600 x 800 version of the same resource.

* Genetica Viewer 3 will render up to a resolution of 2048 x 2048. (Genetica Basic goes up to 3000 x 3000, and Genetica Pro/Studio go up to 6000 x 6000).

For the upcoming release we've got something for everyone, whether you're a free user or a customer. While this Beta 1 release of the Viewer does not contain any new textures, the final release of Genetica Viewer 3 will be accompanied by our hottest texture pack to date! Here's a little sneak peak of just a few of the texture goodies we'll be releasing:

Pack_5_Pre_Announcement_Smaller.jpg

Edited by Atlas, 22 March 2009 - 10:35 PM.

#2 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

:D :notworthy: :clap: :good: :drool: B) :lol: :D

Amazing! i cant wait!

Permission required to use my work. (Seriously!)

Click here to see my website
Click here to see my blog
Click here to visit my LinkedIn profile.

#3 Cyngjoe

Cyngjoe

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

So the teasing begins again.

#4 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

So the teasing begins again.

Begins again? You must not have seen what I've been posting in this thread over the past few weeks. :D

#5 Cyngjoe

Cyngjoe

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:02 PM

Begins again? You must not have seen what I've been posting in this thread over the past few weeks. :D

Saw it. Just doesn't do it for me. Sorry. I'm sure I'll be extremely grateful once the update is out, but right now it's just a graph with numbers on it.

Textures provide for instant optical gratification.

#6 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

Incredible! : I can't wait to see the new creations. :D
I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#7 Music3000

Music3000

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

This looks nice and good restrictions however the only bit which concerns me is the 'opening and rendering textures' part as some people will just think they are free to render and sell anyones work they find on the forum even though it's not the case so i think that has to be made very clear to people. Also im not too sure why the import should be done anyway as it just means with the extra forum textures then rather than buy genetica and have the option to import them as a bonus/extra benifit they have it free in anycase. I understand the reason for the viewer though as a way to spread the word around and as a sampler for the higher versions though and thats a great idea :notworthy:

Also just wondering will these great textures be part of the main package (im guessing yes) and also how does the amount of textures for the viewer compare to the main app? im guessing theres a few less for the viewer? But yeah just wondering these things, the new textures look amazing and i can't wait for the new (non viewer) release to look at these :D

Edited by Music3000, 12 February 2009 - 05:46 AM.

#8 zottoriPreera

zottoriPreera

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

The Genetica Viewer does allow some basic manipulation of the textures, but you cannot change anything having to do with the Effect Maps themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users