20 replies to this topic

#16 Cyngjoe

Cyngjoe

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:23 PM

How'd you do it? I mean from beginning to end. Thanks.

I used my magical powers of awesomeness, added 20 minutes past my bed time and came up with textures that shocked and amazed.

My brain gets weird when it's tired. If you have any questions about the GTX (in the last post) let me know, but I'm going to sleep now =)

Edit:
Including questions such as "Will you tile these two textures for me?", that GTX could be extremely ugly.
Not saying that I'll be able to resolve those questions, but I'll give them a shot.

Edited by Cyngjoe, 29 April 2008 - 10:28 PM.

#17 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:01 PM

(Edit:) Well, I've gone back and looked Genetica over a bit again, and it appears that the above directions aren't relevant to the Color Blocks facility inside the Cut & Tile Lab. If what I want to do is possible within the software can it be explained how?

Randomize_Blocks.JPG

#18 MarkT

MarkT

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:55 PM

Randomize_Blocks.JPG

Fabulous. Thanks. Now I just have to brush up on my gimp-fu to figure out how to get the edges of different textures to blend together seamlessly (and sometimes at a 90 or 180 degree angle).

#19 peter

peter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:41 AM

If you want a hack for randomizing your Wood Workshop textures without buying the full Genetica (which will do everything you want plus pay your taxes):

1. Save the GTX in Wood Workshop.
2. Open the GTX in our other free app, Genetica Viewed.Zhu Zhu pets baby is a real girly girl like her mum Numnums.

Edited by peter, 30 March 2010 - 02:52 AM.

#20 BansheeKate

BansheeKate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:48 PM

Hi, I'm new here. I have read this whole thread, & thought it regarded the free version of Genetica, the viewer, & I cannot find any kind of Substance Lab or Lab Node in it, as I saw in the pictures displayed. So, I'm not understanding this. Thanks

Edited by BansheeKate, 28 October 2010 - 02:50 PM.

#21 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

In post #3 MarkT asked a question about the full version, so people started discussing the full version after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users