5 replies to this topic

#1 gordon

gordon

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

Was working on a project and ran into a situation that could be fixed with a minor inhancement to synthisis node. How hard would it be to add 2 features...
1) duplicate layer.
2) have in integrated move and repeat on the layer. This would be such that a layer could be duplicated then shifted not by percent of repeat count but by percent of image.

Bonus feature :-)
How hard would it be to restrict the synithisis node to a region of the image? This is what I am really after but with the above mentioned features I can sorta get there. The region should be fuzzy such that any part of a patch that is "in" the region will result in all of the patch being placed.

Bug in synthisis node...
complex patches of small areas of source image do not render correctly... workaround is to create image with complex items on alpha background and use a square patch. Yea I had like 47 nodes in the patch and it was about 3% or less of the source image.... I do tend to push tools till they brake :-)

The goal image here was ivy covered latace fince with alpha.. While I could do a full 3d model and render it I would rather not :-) I need to spend my modeling time working on high poly (500k quads) faries :-)

Thanks Atlas :-)
Our Website: Westmarch Studios

There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

#2 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:50 AM

I second that, it would meen a significant speed boost, layer settins would no longer need to be replicated. Same goes for the environment lab and the canvas.

Permission required to use my work. (Seriously!)

Click here to see my website
Click here to see my blog
Click here to visit my LinkedIn profile.

#3 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

I certainly agree regarding the duplicate layer thing.

As far as the move and repeat suggestion: Have I understood correctly that you were trying to make two identical layers, but one was shifted over by a bit?

#4 gordon

gordon

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

The true goal was to create a part of the image with synthesis lab as an overlay to the rest of the image where the lab would only occupy about 3/4 of image.... The only way I found to do this is to use 1 row and them move it up and down. But that makes to much vertical repeat so moving significantly to the side would but a good thing. So I guess you did understand it...
Our Website: Westmarch Studios

There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

#5 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,227 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

Just to have masking to all of the perimeter inputs would be nice. A lot of power with that alone. Don't know how much of priority it is though. ;)

#6 gavind

gavind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

+1 on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users