11 replies to this topic

#1 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Daz is giving away some of their 3d software for free for a limited time. Bryce 7 Pro, Daz Studio 4 and Hexagon 2.5 .
For more information go to http://www.daz3d.com...ome_5_btn=start

Bryce is for creating 3d worlds with terrain, trees, etc.
Daz studio is like Poser, it takes a 3d human and shapes it and poses it which can then be brought into Bryce if needed.
Hexagon is a modeling application to create objects from scratch.

I do not know how long they will be offering this for free, so get it now and decide later.

#2 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

Ouch, i purchased hexagon some time ago.. I'll check it out, thanks!

(null)

Permission required to use my work. (Seriously!)

Click here to see my website
Click here to see my blog
Click here to visit my LinkedIn profile.

#3 manleystanley

manleystanley

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

Oh you should see the hoopla going on on the DAZ forum about it. All the people that bought DS4P at full price in the past 30 days; around $300, are getting refunds. Those that are out side the 30 refund limit are demanding compensation.
It's a train wreck. Long time loyal DAZ customers are out raged by it. A lot of people are saying they will never buy another piece of software from DAZ.
Just have to wonder what motivated DAZ to do this.
"An eye for an eye leads to a blind world" R.T.

#4 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

I heard alot of negative buzz about DAZ the past few years. Strange they would upset the community that much.

Permission required to use my work. (Seriously!)

Click here to see my website
Click here to see my blog
Click here to visit my LinkedIn profile.

#5 Arondelle

Arondelle

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

Here is the height of stupidity:

I haven't logged into DAZ in several years, and the email addy for that account is no longer in existance. I can't log in with that account, and yet I can't contact them to tell them that my email has changed because in order to contact them for support, you have to be able to log into your account.

:bang:
Contact me in Second Life as Arondelle Ladybird

#6 manleystanley

manleystanley

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

Try this steve@daz3d.com he's site admin so he should be able to set you straight ;)
"An eye for an eye leads to a blind world" R.T.

#7 WillBellJr

WillBellJr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Yeah, I'm wondering why DAZ did this as well.

I was gonna buy in when Advanced was release but stopped short when I caught wind that there wasn't any documentation - I'm a stickler for decent documentation. I wasn't about to buy DS4 when they didn't even bother to provide any updated documentation.

Guess I'm lucky I put off the purchase - perhaps a lot of other folks had did the same.

The final kicker was after getting all that for free, I was tempted to buy the new Victoria 5 Genesis character, received my latest 3D World magazine and there she was sitting on the included CD for free LAWD!

-Will

#8 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Just a guess, but if it was me doing this, it would be just before a new version roles out. That woulkd introduce a lot of new user to the apps and get them hooked and wanting to buy.
But since its DAZ, it may have to do with some of the staff getting axed. Maybe no programmer's left. Who knows. But I prefer my original thought better, much more optimistic.

#9 SpaceRay

SpaceRay

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

This FREE offer was going to end today 29 february,

BUT has been extended until the 31 of March !!!

DAZ_BHowell wrote in the DAZ Forum

DAZ has had a really overwhelming response to this offer and as a result will be extending the offer through March 31, 2012.

We continue to have huge numbers of users downloading and installing these applications and wish to continue to make it available to those wanting to get started with these applications.

So if you have not yet registered and put this in you account, please do it before it ends. It´s 800$ worth !!

Once you have added it to your account is totally free for you and there is no time limit and will not finish and it is totally like if you have bought it. And you will have it in your account to download when you need it, does not need to download now.

WHAT IS VERY IMPORTANT

to get it totally FREE is that you add this software to you cart and have it stored in your DAZ account. That is all.

Edited by SpaceRay, 29 February 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#10 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

don't forget to look in the store, they had a free section awhile ago, I assume its still there. Some of there characters, more software, etc. worth checking out anyway.

#11 SpaceRay

SpaceRay

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

don't forget to look in the store, they had a free section awhile ago, I assume its still there. Some of there characters, more software, etc. worth checking out anyway.

YES, is true there are LOTS of free 3D models and resources that are totally free for you and is worth checking them

For finding the free items see here ---> http://forum.daz3d.com/index.php?c=13

MARCH MADNESS SALE IS ACTIVE NOW

During March DAZ 3D makes one very big sale with discounts on many products from 50% to 60% (until 70% discount if you are a platinum club member) and even more using the daily coupons of 35%.

http://forum.daz3d.c...ic.php?t=185001

#12 SpaceRay

SpaceRay

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

There is only 8 days more until 31 March to get this FREE offer, so do not miss it, even if you are not going to use it now.

Edited by SpaceRay, 23 March 2012 - 01:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users