1 reply to this topic

#1 Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:54 AM

Heya,

In the canvas, with the curve editor, would you please change it so that it the control points for the spline are done using 1 control point, vice 2? It is nearly impossible to make any sort of shape that doesn't have discontinuities on the curve because of the 2 control points. It took me 20 minutes just to make a semi round shape that didn't have minor issues.

Alternately (or in addition) - provide better tools for making curved surfaces, like the glint on a button (ie - see this page as an example: http://www.vectorsto...g-vector-33637).

Thanks,
Gigiwoo.

#2 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,477 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

I'm curious what kind of shape you were working on that gave you so much trouble, and where you were placing the points. Two control point Beziers are pretty standard for drawing apps.

Regarding discontinuities, if you use smooth mode for your control points . . .

Smooth_Mode.JPG

. . . then there will be no discontinuities in the curve, nor in the curve's first derivative. It's true that the curve's second derivative will have discontinuities, but the only situation that I'm aware of where a 2nd-derivative discontinuity is noticeable is if the curve is used to drive animation, which isn't the case here. But if you want to remove the 2nd-derivative discontinuity as well, you can do so by selecting the two tangent handles and setting their lengths the same:

Smooth_Mode_2.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users