Photo

It is possible to enlarge the very tiny presets thumbnails in the start part?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceRay

SpaceRay

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:58 AM

Hello,

I have seen that there a lots and lots of premade presets already available in the Start section of Genetica, BUT the problem I find is that the thumbnail previews that appear on the right are VERY TINY for me to see them and really canīt see much and loose much of the details.

So my question is

It is possible in some way enlarge the very tiny presets thumbnails in the start part to see them bigger?

I have searched for any option in the menus, or any button or slider that could make these thumbnails bigger but did not find any. Also have looked in the user guide and help.

Are these start presets a fixed size thumbnails ????

I have a 1680 x 1200 monitor resolution and I think that this also contributes to make them smaller, and in the future I want buy a 1980 x 1400 monitor so it will look even smaller.

I have seen that other graphical programs, like for example ACDSee Pro, Adobe Bridge or Adobe Lightroom have a slider to enlarge the thumbnails or enter the size of thumbnails, but in Genetica there is no option in the start page, or at least I could not find and see it. Yes I know that is not the same kind of thumbnails but to get an idea of what I mean.

Perhaps you have an eagle perfect view and also already know the presets very well so you do not need probably to see them larger, but if It is not possible to make them bigger it would really be wonderful that in Genetica 3.7 (or other) you could add an option to enlarge these presets thumbnails

Thanks very much

Attached Images

• Genetica_preset_thumbnails.jpg

Edited by SpaceRay, 17 August 2011 - 11:08 AM.

#2 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:34 AM

The thumbnail size is a relic from Genetica 1.0, back when screens had a lower resolution. I agree that aspect needs to be modernized.

#3 SpaceRay

SpaceRay

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

The thumbnail size is a relic from Genetica 1.0, back when screens had a lower resolution. I agree that aspect needs to be modernized.

It has been the same since Genetica 1.0 ???? :D :love:

And since Genetica 1.0 nobody have asked about a resize and bigger thumbnails ??? :dance:

You are right, I think that now that you have reached 3.6 and that monitors in 2011 have a much larger resolution than when 1.0 was released it will be a very good idea to get it modernized and be able to make them bigger. As you are the expert you will know the best way that you could find this to be done.

I asked because I could not find it how to be done, and could not believe that this size was the only one available, but as I searched everywhere and did not find anything to enlarge the thumbnails in any way I began to think that probably it could NOT be done.

Sorry that I put it in the General Genetica forum part, but as said I wished and believed that there could be a way to do it, so I did not thought about putting this as a suggestion, although at the end I give you the suggestion for a future version if it was not included.

Thanks very much and best wishes for the continous work of developing, creating and evolving into a better and better Genetica Software, like the mother Nature already does with the Genetica in plants, animals and humans.

Edited by SpaceRay, 17 August 2011 - 12:52 PM.

#4 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

And since Genetica 1.0 nobody have asked about a resize and bigger thumbnails ??? :blink:

Oh, it's been asked for before. But suggestions come in a lot faster than they can be implemented, and our queue of requests to implement is pretty long now. :unknow:

#5 SpaceRay

SpaceRay

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

I have just changed my monitor to a new 1920 x 1280 monitor and the thumbnails are now even smaller :wacko:

Oh, it's been asked for before. But suggestions come in a lot faster than they can be implemented, and our queue of requests to implement is pretty long now. :(

Yes, I understand that you may have a very large list of things to implement and many features that you want to add, and that it takes time to program them, test and arrive to the final result, and most probably that SpiralGraphics do not have a very large team of coders and programmers as some very big software companies, so it takes more time.

But probably in that list not all of the request and features have the same priority, level, importance, time to implement, and relevance, so I wanted to ask if it is possible to know what priority and level of importance is this change of preset thumbnails enlargement can have ? I mean if it is something that you have the plan to include probably sometime his year, or will it be for sometime in 2012 ?

Sorry that I am not a programer, and I do not know how the things work inside Genetica, but is this very difficult to enlarge just the icons of the preset as they are now to double or triple size and keep them in a fixed size the same as they are now ? And have the option to choose old small size or new bigger size ?

Are the preset images jpeg previews or are thumbnails results generated and taken from the genetica program ?

Also perhaps you could perhaps put instead of a resizable thumbnails sizes, you just put 3 different sizes to choose, small, medium and big and keep the thumbnails in a fixed size as they are now.

Meanwhile I will keep using the loupe I already have to be able to see the tiny thumbnails, and more with the new monitor.

Posted Image

Edited by SpaceRay, 02 September 2011 - 12:01 PM.

#6 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

It's too early to give you a meaningful estimate, but no, you won't be seeing it this year. It's not that it's a very difficult things to do, it's more that we're already well underway with a number of other features that were requested first, and must commit ourselves to finishing what we've started. I understand that it can be a little frustrating when one's favorite feature request is behind some others in the queue, but be assured that we're working on some wonderful things that will also make you happy!

#7 SpaceRay

SpaceRay

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

It's too early to give you a meaningful estimate, but no, you won't be seeing it this year. It's not that it's a very difficult things to do, it's more that we're already well underway with a number of other features that were requested first, and must commit ourselves to finishing what we've started.

Hello again Atlas, now has been 6 months since I have made my last post in this thread, and wanted for ask if this (on first post) would be possible to be available in this year 2012, or Would I have to wait until 2013 ?

Of course that I understand very well that surely you are very busy making many other things, that as you say has been already requested before and you are commited to this ones first until finishing, and I would never want to force you to make this before other more important things.

I understand that it can be a little frustrating when one's favorite feature request is behind some others in the queue, but be assured that we're working on some wonderful things that will also make you happy!

Well, as said before, I can understand it well and one must respect and keep the requests in the queue, of course. And this feature request is NOT something urgent that I can´t live with.

I am sure that you are working and wonderful things for Genetica and that will be useful and helpful and will be happy with them when released.

Thanks very much

#8 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

I can confirm that the thumbnails are being enlarged in the next version, but I'm not ready to give a time estimate.

#9 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Huzzah!

(null)

Permission required to use my work. (Seriously!)

Click here to see my website
Click here to see my blog
Click here to visit my LinkedIn profile.

#10 SpaceRay

SpaceRay

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Well, I am very happy that finally the thumbnails have been made bigger and now they are much more useful, helpful and better and like them how it looks now, thanks very much for making it, and it was something that was needed for this new version 4.0

The new big thumbnails look beautiful and very detailed on my 1980x1080 monitor, and now is much easier and better to know how it really looks and what you will get.

Thanks again for upgrading them in this good way

Attached Images

• Genetica_big_thumbnails.jpg

Edited by SpaceRay, 19 May 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#11 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

Well, I am very happy that finally the thumbnails have been made bigger and now they are much more useful, helpful and better and like them how it looks now, thanks very much for making it, and it was something that was needed for this new version 4.0

The new big thumbnails look beautiful and very detailed on my 1980x1080 monitor, and now is much easier and better to know how it really looks and what you will get.

Thanks again for upgrading them in this good way

Agreed! Although I don't have a fancy screen, it's much easier to spot details!

Permission required to use my work. (Seriously!)

Click here to see my website
Click here to see my blog
Click here to visit my LinkedIn profile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users