3 replies to this topic

#1 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

Hi everyone! Here is a small update on what i was working on for a while (With LazyAnts and my nephew Marlon Etheredge (programmer) )

Marlon and i were asked to help out after the Indigo showcase where we displayed Shattered Origins. The project we were asked to work on was called Ewoud, and it is a visualisation of a small park with a petting zoo near an apartment complex for elderly people. Alot of the textures in the demo (and video) were made or altered with Genetica. Normalmaps etc were turned off for performance, but i might be able to get some screen-shots with all bells and whistles turned on.

We had access to alot of textures, but many weren't usable as is, we used Genetica 3.6 for the tree-billboards (leaves), reflection maps (not all of them were used unfortunately) and textures. I used the canvas alot to uv map tiles to specific areas (pavement and curbs etc. for picnic places etc.)

Here is the link: http://www.lazyants.nl/ewoud/

Permission required to use my work. (Seriously!)

Click here to see my website
Click here to see my blog
Click here to visit my LinkedIn profile.

#2 Lynda

Lynda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

Nice presentation! And what a cool place. :D

#3 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,482 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

Great work! Is this something being built, or perhaps something they're thinking of building and wanted a visualization to help sell it to investors?

#4 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:19 AM

Thanks!

Well it will be built, but the technical drawings werent up to scale, so it will be slightly smaller. Marlon and i might help them out with other visualisations/projects in the near future, so ill keep you guys posted :D.

Permission required to use my work. (Seriously!)

Click here to see my website
Click here to see my blog
Click here to visit my LinkedIn profile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users