54 replies to this topic

#46 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

I was thinking, Genetica is a powerful photo filter app too, if the next iteration is resolution independent, importing .RAW files might be handy as well, since those files offer more freedom then most JPG files.

Permission required to use my work. (Seriously!)

Click here to see my website
Click here to see my blog
Click here to visit my LinkedIn profile.

#47 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Well, that got me thinking. What if we could take a group of nodes and save it as a preset, in that it would be listed in the presets for quick access.

#48 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,477 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Silk, you can actually save groups as presets: http://www.spiralgra...gthelibrary.htm

#49 Illi

Illi

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

1) The ability to use photoshop filters within Genetica. Made as a photoshop filter node in Genetica. Free programs like Irfanview can use photoshop filters so it should be pretty easy to do.
2) The ability to output the final file in a none square resolution like 1920x1080
3) An image sequence node so a batch of tons of images could be all rendered one after another without the users input.

With these additions Genetica could then be used as a node based photo editing program. This would be an amazing addition!

Edited by Illi, 31 October 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#50 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

I totally agree with your second point, but the first one might not really be of use, since with combinations of nodes you can make photoshop-like filters yourself, and build them as elaborate as you like. You can already do the third point, the batch renderer might be of use for you, or even the animation rendering options. (If you animate the seed parameter, and render 100 frames, you have 100 variations of a simmilar texture, or a totally different one depending on what property you animate).

Non square resolutions though are more then welcome :D

#51 Illi

Illi

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

The first one would be extremely useful. I could then use my Photoshop filters from Topaz or any of the other millions of companies to do in one node better then what Genetica might not be able to do at all.

The third one I might not have explained right. An image sequence node would allow all the images in a folder to be put through nodes and rendered without the user having to manually switch out images over and over. Right now for someone to do that same thing someone would have to have the "Imported Image" node > render > change image in "imported image" node > render again > repeat 1500x or however many images would be in the image sequence node.

Edited by Illi, 07 November 2012 - 09:15 PM.

#52 Lady Winterlace

Lady Winterlace

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:42 AM

A comment node (a simply textbox that you can link to a node) for making comments on what you actually thought when constructing something this way ... I just spend half an hour puzzling out what I was trying to do in an older texture I needed to rework now.

I would also very much wish for assignable keyboard shortcuts for certain nodes. There is one special setting of 'combine' that I use very often when texturing, and to have this on shortcut ... Oh, happy dreams.

#53 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

I think the comment node has been requested before, you can save a node group with an empty input to a folder linked to genetica, and then use insert below to find it. I do this alot with blur groups.

#54 Lady Winterlace

Lady Winterlace

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

Thx! I didn't realize that worked on linked folders as well. :D Still would prefer keyboard option, but it is certainly quicker than the sidebar. Will dedicate appropriate amount of time saved to worship you .... :P

Comment node might also be interesting in view of the discussion about learning from other people's textures.

#55 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,626 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Haha, no need, i appreciated it when i was full of questions and people helped me out too. So its ok,

Perhaps comic like speechbubbles would work as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users