• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TrevheaD

TrevheaD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

Well.. First of all, I've been doing gfx for a while.. But just rate me 1-10 /smileNew members can't link' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Attached Images

• sigpic1694425_16.gif
  • stock.png
  • musew.png
  • kanye.png

#2 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:14 PM

Are these pictures made with Genetica? Is any gtx available for rating?
I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#3 TrevheaD

TrevheaD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

Are these pictures made with Genetica? Is any gtx available for rating?

No.. It's made with GimP.. If u wanna try it out, Go to GimPNew members can't link

#4 Jan

Jan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

For pop rock posters...you'd get a 9. (Always room for improvement.) ;-) Just joking. They're good.

I've heard of GIMP. Saw a book on it once. Heard it does almost everything Photoshop does but it's free, isn't it?

#5 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:24 PM

Yes, GIMP is free.

http://www.gimp.org/

#6 Jan

Jan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

Thanks for the link, Chris! :-) I'd wondered about GIMP, ever since I saw that whopping thick book about it in Barnes and Noble or whatever bookstore that was.

I've got a copy of Photoshop CS...haven't upgraded it in awhile because...well, it's gotten so doggone expensive and I figured CS would do everything I needed a paint program to do. But GIMP might have some features that PSCS doesn't.

I'll have to check it out. My ISP limits my downloads (we have to get satellite to get fast internet out here in the swamps), so I'll have to wait for a day when I'm not downloading anything, I guess. I didn't check the download size (did bookmark the link) but I'd imagine it's a big download. :-) Then again, sometimes there are happy surprises when it comes to downloads. I was really surprised when I saw how small the download for Genetica was. Lots of power behind that relatively small download though! BIG power. :)

#7 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

GIMP should not be big at all. At least last i looked at it which was not to long ago.

You should be fine with Photoshop CS. Honestly the newer versions just have some HDRI stuff, slow newer paint brush tech, 3d which is horridly slow. If you are doing basic work then you do not need the more recent versions.

#8 textureman

textureman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

Thanks for the link, Chris! :-) I'd wondered about GIMP, ever since I saw that whopping thick book about it in Barnes and Noble or whatever bookstore that was.

I've got a copy of Photoshop CS...haven't upgraded it in awhile because...well, it's gotten so doggone expensive and I figured CS would do everything I needed a paint program to do. But GIMP might have some features that PSCS doesn't.

I'll have to check it out. My ISP limits my downloads (we have to get satellite to get fast internet out here in the swamps), so I'll have to wait for a day when I'm not downloading anything, I guess. I didn't check the download size (did bookmark the link) but I'd imagine it's a big download. :-) Then again, sometimes there are happy surprises when it comes to downloads. I was really surprised when I saw how small the download for Genetica was. Lots of power behind that relatively small download though! BIG power. /thumbsupNew members can't link' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />

Gimp is a great program!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users