• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 KeithC

KeithC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:35 AM

Hello, first I want to say that you're program is excellent. I have been using it for a bit now; and it has motivated me to purchase Genetica 2.5. I would like to know if I purchase the standard version, is there an upgrade price for the Pro version (the normal mapping will be useful in game models)?

I have done a bit of a review for Wood Workshop (as well as Genetica 2) in our forums: O.G. Wood Workshop Review

I'd like to show you something I made using Wood Workshop for the base wood texture. This is an Ammo Crate.

-Keith

Attached Images

• AmmoCrateFinal.jpg

#2 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:43 AM

> I would like to know if I purchase the standard version,
> is there an upgrade price for the Pro version (the normal
> mapping will be useful in game models)?

Yes, a standard license can be exchanged for a pro license at any time for the difference in price between the two. You can email us at any type to request this. info (at) spiralgraphics (dot) biz

Thanks for writing the nice review and for sharing those good looking crates! :D

Atlas

#3 KeithC

KeithC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:50 AM

Well, here's the whole pack I've made. I've just about made enough off of it to buy the Standard Genetica. I thought using your free product to generate enough income to buy your commercial product would make you guys happy B)

-Keith

Attached Images

• WWIIPackSpread3.jpg

#4 vic

vic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:30 PM

Cool! Just curious, where do you sell/market your work?

#5 KeithC

KeithC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:27 PM

Cool!  Just curious, where do you sell/market your work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have this pack on Turbosquid and The3DStudio; as well as our site. Here's a direct link to the advertising page for this Pack: Ozark Games WWII Pack #1

-Keith

#6 jaboo224

jaboo224

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:09 PM

doesnt really look ww2 authentic \:

#7 vic

vic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:38 PM

Looks good to me, although I'm not a WW2 buf.

#8 KeithC

KeithC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:49 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It wasn't meant to be exactly authentic; I wanted it to be more generic so people could use them as game media or as placeholders for their game. The UV Maps are also included, in case the customer wishes to create their own textures. But all of that for $8.95 is a pretty fair price, in my estimation. Thanks for all the comments.

-Keith

#9 jaboo224

jaboo224

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:29 PM

Well myself being in a ww2 mod/game, the trend for new ww2 mods and games is towards the most realistic things. mabye 4$ would be worth it but if i can buy a game for 10$ (bf2 EF) then i woudnt buy this /tongueNew members can't link' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

http://www.spiralforums.biz/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2263

It wasn't meant to be exactly authentic; I wanted it to be more generic so people could use them as game media or as placeholders for their game. The UV Maps are also included, in case the customer wishes to create their own textures. But all of that for $8.95 is a pretty fair price, in my estimation. Thanks for all the comments.

-Keith

http://www.spiralforums.biz/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2265

#10 KeithC

KeithC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:30 AM

LOL; thanks for the opinion. I'm not sure why you'd compare a $10 game that you bought off the shelf, with game-making material. This pack is featured in the FPSCreator section of this month's TGC (The Game Creators) Newsletter; it also has the "Game-Ready" stamp at Turbosquid.

The Pack has been converted for use with the FPSCreator Engine, and the Torque Engine (as well as a general use version in .3DS and .X formats); those conversions took a fair bit of work as well. Most of the packs I see do not include the UV Maps as well, or make the 1024x1024 texture maps available...for free.

If you want to see what a pack of realistic (non-WWII style) containers and crates is going for, check out this entry in Turbosquid: Crate Collection
That Pack costs $350 (from a seasoned vendor), or roughly 35 $10 games B)

There's quite a bit of work that goes into making these types of things (like making a good, useable UV Map; but it seems even more work goes into getting them ready to sell.

Thanks again for your opinion; I enjoy these types of dialogues.

-Keith

Edited by KeithC, 05 May 2006 - 06:20 AM.

#11 KeithC

KeithC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:58 AM

For some reason, the forums here keep giving me an error messege, and don't seem to want to register my last post.

-Keith

#12 TomG

TomG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:28 PM

Nice work man. I think the pricing is fair. Texture collections can range from free to hundreds of dollars. Given the broad pricing range, the difference between charging $9 or $4 is almost insignificant to your target audience. Also there is a definite need for both realistic photo quality textures as well as surreal, cartoony style ones so I say keep doing what you're doin /winkNew members can't link' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

#13 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:15 PM

For some reason, the forums here keep giving me an error messege, and don't seem to want to register my last post.

Seems like things are working now? I see your longer reply.

By the way, a colleague saw your pack and her first reaction was how adorable it was. She wasn't moved by the $350 pack at all. Who knows, maybe you're undercharging. B)

#14 KeithC

KeithC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:25 PM

I'm targeting the Indy Developer crowd; they usually don't have unlimited funds B) . I figure, if someone likes it, they'll purchase it; if they don't, then they'll go somewhere else...that's the way it is. I'm glad people appreciate the work though. I showed them here primarily to show off what your product could do for game development.

It must have been a problem with my connection (I'm not very fond of dial-up, but it's about all there is in my area) earlier.

Tell your colleague that I appreciate her kudos :) I thought that it was kind of neat that (after a few more orders come in) I could use your free application to make enough money to buy Genetica from you. Thanks for the responses everybody; I'll have to post an in-game shot later on.

-Keith

#15 superkimo

superkimo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:17 AM

how did you make this pic?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)