• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mkeyes

mkeyes

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:16 AM

Is anyone using WW to export images to Inventor Styles? I don't seem to be able to import/export to inventor New members can't link, New members can't link, or New members can't link to use in textures library. I read on an inventor site somewhere (dated 2008 i think) that it was easy. Am new to rendering... please help. What am I missing? Thanks. Inventor 2012, Win 7 64

#2 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:50 PM

Follow the steps on the following illustration to render and export a texture from WW into a common image format, such as JPG and PNG. You should then be able to bring the exported image into your 3D app. I'm not familiar with Inventor, but every other 3D app I've tried can import standard image files, so I can only assume that Inventor is the same in this regard. If you don't know how to important images into Inventor for use as textures, you may need to see their documentation or support forums.

Export_WW.JPG

#3 mkeyes

mkeyes

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

thanks Atlas. rendering and exporting from WW is no problem. i can't figure out how to get inventor to import a jpeg, bmp, or png, into the styles texture library. in autodesk showcase it's straight forward enough. just thought someone out there might be doing it in inventor. thanks anyway.

#4 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

thanks Atlas. rendering and exporting from WW is no problem. i can't figure out how to get inventor to import a jpeg, bmp, or png, into the styles texture library. in autodesk showcase it's straight forward enough. just thought someone out there might be doing it in inventor. thanks anyway.

My suggestion is to go to Autodesk's website and ask on their forum about how to import an image. I know it can be done, just don't know how. Good luck...

#5 mkeyes

mkeyes

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:01 AM

thanks all for suggestions. as usual (in my case) the solution was simple. as a "single user" in inventor you can paste files straight into the autodesk>inventor2012>textures directory and access them in the style editor>texture chooser.

#6 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

Simple, but definitely not obvious! Glad you figured it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users