5 replies to this topic

#1 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

I like how Genetica works with visual data, and I was thinking that it would be cool if a similar too existed, that uses different sorts of audio for noises. i know that the Genetica patterns could be interpreted as sound (lets say you have a noise node, or texture of 1024x1 pixel, the brightness of each pixel could indicate pitch/tone and the width of the "texture" could be the sample rate. With a gradient and tone curve you could make tracks and beats, and rendering would be rendering in time, instead of a resolution I guess.

Its never going to happen, but it would be cool :P

#2 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:12 AM

http://photosounder.com/ WOOO!

#3 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

There is also a VST/Sampler called "Alchemy" by Camel Audio that reads images as sound and of course so much more. It is a great software to play with.

http://www.camelaudio.com/Alchemy.php

#4 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

I will check it out! This stuff is very exciting and interesting to me. I wonder if I can make a simple dance track gtx haha.

#5 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

Music and sound design has been interest of mine for a long time. I would not mind being a sound designer for a job. I can play with this stuff all day. Music on the other hand. I can make sequences and try to throw stuff together. Had some success from time to time.

If you put anything togther, let us all know how it goes in the near future with all of this.

#6 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

Will do!

I often make funky loops with Figure, an app on my phone. Nothing procedural though. I'll try and make a gtx that works with the demo posted earlier first on PC and share the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users