• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pancakes

Pancakes

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:36 AM

Hi, as i get older my eyes get sensitve to the hot white light from a bright computer screen. Of all the art programs that I use, blender, 3d coat, zbrush, photoshop, etc. - genetica is the only one that I haven't found a way to make the workspace less bright - making prolonged sessions in the program frankly painful.

Is there an option that I missed to tone down the bright white background? If, not is it possible to get that placed into a tiny patch? I'm using 3.6 pro. thanku :dance:

#2 Poseidon

Poseidon

Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:14 PM

One can dim or make stronger the screen with the help of windows.

Which version of windows do you use? One could use Fn + Left or Fn + Right to adjust the screen's brightness in windows 7 for example. 

#3 Pancakes

Pancakes

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:29 PM

yeah that's one way but it's just the white part of the screen that bothers me. I don't want to have to dim everything else too. most programs have grey-ish workspaces in order to avoid eyestrain

#4 JanLien

JanLien

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:28 AM

For me the dimming function of windows is sufficient. One does not need to make it too dark.

#5 Pancakes

Pancakes

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

Well you see i have toxic mold poisoning so my eye sensitivity is a bit higher than normal. It's not about the brightness it is specifically about the color white. but ifthere is nothing thatcan be done then sobe it

Edited by Pancakes, 09 November 2016 - 09:02 PM.

#6 RogerB

RogerB

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:18 PM

Well, since the blue light is damaging to everybodys eyes in the long run, and it is accumulative, decreased sharpness and macular degeneration may be the result. 

Exposure to blue light a couple of hours before bedtime actually suppresses melatonin and delays deep REM sleep significantly. Everybody would be wise to use some protection.

And to help you out with an easy solution,  f.lux.

#7 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:22 AM

Up to Genetica 3.6, the version you are using, the interface is indeed extremely bright. Unfortunately there's no UI option to modify the brightness, although it was dimmed somewhat in Genetica 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users