• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ironman13

ironman13

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:39 PM

Hi there, years ago you made me a custom node that created spec and bump channels from any image and ive used it so much. Would it be possible to create some sort of pbr set up?

Are there plans for one i the future? Metal/roughness workflow type? Thanks for your reply in advance and the program has be a staple of mine for a long time.

#2 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:26 PM

Automatically generated maps can be a bit arbitrary since it's just a preset technique being used rather than an artist making specific decisions about which part of the texture is more "metallic" or more "rough". I'd just try slapping a Colorize or a Frequency node under whatever you're using to generate your specular or bump maps and play with it a bit until you find something that looks good in your shader.

#3 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:28 AM

For pbr maps you could author those by hand, and place a store effect map node underneath. If you use a levels node with your noise, and match a per reference card with the values you want, you can easily use genetica to export the maps you want. In this respect genetica was way ahead of its time.

#4 Taamalus

Taamalus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:37 PM

For PBR/PBS textures, make 'Color Only Render', your best friend. Some features in the Substance Lab and other nodes will be ignored by the rendering process, but this is on purpose. Anything affecting the material through lights/lighting, will need its own Noise Lab, Height and/or Normal Map, and it will be used by the shader of your 3D software or game engine.

I think, all Genetica needs are some good tutorials.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users