• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zenster

Zenster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

Hello everyone. This application is a most excellent toolkit that is going to bump up my PowerPoint presentation quality by an order of magnitude. Thank you to Wood Workshop for putting this out as freeware. I'm sure my inquiry has been made many times before but a search on "rotate" didn't kick down anything.

Question: How do you take a single panel of wood and rotate it 90 degrees to make the grain run horizontally?

Thanking all contributors in advance - Zenster

#2 Cyngjoe

Cyngjoe

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:45 PM

I've been poking around with WW for a little bit and don't see any way to do that.

However, if you just need a few files rotated I'd be more than happy to do it once you're done with them.
You'd need the texture viewer to render them though.

#3 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:57 PM

I hope this is what you meant. The last option is orientation.

Edited by Silkrooster, 27 May 2008 - 01:58 PM.

#4 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:57 PM

If you're willing to rotate the orientation of the panels along with the wood, you can do so as shown below. But if you want to rotate the grain without rotating the panels, then you'd need to use our full Genetica application, as Cyngjoe indicated.

Rotate_Wood.JPG

Edit: Silk, you beat me to it! :D

However, if you just need a few files rotated I'd be more than happy to do it once you're done with them.
You'd need the texture viewer to render them though.

Thanks Cyngjoe! :clap: Don't forget to use Genetica 2.5 since the current version of the viewer won't open version 3.0 textures. :)

Edited by Atlas, 27 May 2008 - 01:58 PM.

#5 Zenster

Zenster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

Thank you, everybody, for your kind replies. Especially you, Cyngjoe, for your generous offer to manipulate the files for me.

Being the mulish crosswise cuss that I am, I've figured out how to do the rotation to any angle using common Microsoft tools. I'll be posting the procedure in a new thread where I hope all of you might take a moment to read through and contribute any observations regarding some of the issues I've raised. Wood Workshop is an astonishingly powerful tool and, as a novice, I've already amazed myself at how productive I can be. I look forward to your comments in the Rotation thread. I've attached some examples of what I was able to create after just a few minutes of using Wood Workshop: (Here's hoping they display, they don't seem to on Preview)

#1 is a burl pattern and #2 is a knotty pine texture.

[Edited for spelling on 05-28-08]

Attached Files

Edited by Zenster, 28 May 2008 - 12:22 PM.

#6 Zenster

Zenster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

I'm still getting used to this forum's dashboard. Here are some images of my new textures:

Burl

[img]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff61/RockandRollStu/image002-4.jpg[/img]

Red Maple (Note the horizontal rotation)

[img]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff61/RockandRollStu/image002-3.jpg[/img]

Knotty Pine (Note the horizontal rotation)

[img]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff61/RockandRollStu/KnottyPine001Horizontal.jpg[/img]

How do ya like them apples? Gotta say that I'm stoked like all He!! with what I can do using Wood Workshop. I created all of the above images yesterday within an hour or two of downloading the application. Again, kudos to the generous people who pushed all these bits together.

#7 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

Great detail! :clap:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users