3 replies to this topic

#1 wunwinglow

wunwinglow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:29 AM

Firstly, what a wonderful program!

I've only had a few minutes to play with the settings, so I may well be missing something here, but can I make a pattern with the extra-long planks, with a staggered pattern accross 4 or 5 planks, but with straight end cuts? I had almost what I wanted, but the plank end cuts were zigzag, and I don't seem to be able to recreate this without changing back to alternate overlaps. I would use this for ships decking where the overlaps were usually over 4 or 5 planks.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

#2 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:29 AM

Thanks Tim, and welcome! :P

I believe setting the "Zig Joins" property to "No", as shown in the attached illustration, does what you want.

Attached Images

• Zig_Joins.JPG

#3 wunwinglow

wunwinglow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:33 PM

Thanks Tim, and welcome! /biggrinNew members can't link' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I believe setting the "Zig Joins" property to "No", as shown in the attached illustration, does what you want.

Yep, got it. What is it they say about guys only reading the instructions when all else fails??

The planking textures I have been able to make so far are just wonderful. Thanks again.

Just wondering, I think Slanted 1 seems to generate a 6-board pattern, while Slanted 2 does a 2 board overlap. Is there a control to get other numbers of overlap, 4 or 5 in particular?

Tim

#4 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:17 PM

Just wondering, I think Slanted 1 seems to generate a 6-board pattern, while Slanted 2 does a 2 board overlap. Is there a control to get other numbers of overlap, 4 or 5 in particular?

Hmm. If you were using Genetica I could show you how to customize the patterns more, but I don't think Wood Workshop has enough control to do what you're saying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users