43 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelH

MichaelH

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:37 AM

I would like to start a new topic here with showing what I've programmed in the last two years using http://phrogram.com/Default.aspx A programming language for beginners. Formerly known as KPL ( KidsProgramming Language. )

This is a side scroller demo called LetterAttack.

letterAttack.jpg

Testing the Basic3D Engine

basic3d.jpg

The first Time a Genetica texture is used by testing spriteintersection.

GreenWalls.jpg

#2 MichaelH

MichaelH

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

This Is a demostration of using 2D mathematics I've done last year.

Math2D.jpg

You find some more things of me (mostly Fractalprogramms) if you have a deeper look on my posts there.

#3 MichaelH

MichaelH

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

Now i wont to write a new program using Genetica for doing the most grafic. I start this week with a new platform? detail? a T_Steelgirder...

T_SteelGirder00.png

Attached File  T_SteelGirder00.gtx   11.65KB   174 downloads

... and need some help by giving the holes a 3d look. I have to expand the reference elipsed forms but don't know how.( Ok, can do new ones with the canvas, but I think there must be another way ?! )
Here are the nodes so far:

branch.jpg

The Gaussian Blur you see don't help.
Another question: Is there any other way to make parts invisible instead of using an empty canvas node ??

Thanxs

Michael

#4 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

Thanks for posting your programming screenshots--they're fun to look at.

Is there any other way to make parts invisible instead of using an empty canvas node ??

The recommended way is to use a Solid Color node, with its Transparency set to the maximum value.

and need some help by giving the holes a 3d look

You can do it with Basic Nodes, but the quickest way is to use a Layer Lab, as the following example shows.

Attached Images

• 3D_Holes.JPG

Attached Files

#5 MichaelH

MichaelH

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for posting your programming screenshots--they're fun to look at.

The recommended way is to use a Solid Color node, with its Transparency set to the maximum value.

You can do it with Basic Nodes, but the quickest way is to use a Layer Lab, as the following example shows.

Thanks again Atlas.

As inverting , it's easy if you know it :good:

T_SteelGirder01.png

Attached File  SteelGirder01.gtx   10.35KB   172 downloads

#6 MichaelH

MichaelH

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:08 PM

Screenshot:

Attached Images

• Screenshot.jpg

#7 MichaelH

MichaelH

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

I,m back to C++ and Directx using the spriteinterface. This is a link to what i've done so far.
Testing: scaling, rotating, translating, colorkeying, alphablending, shading.
Textures mostly done with Genetica.

http://www.promagra..../Spritetest.zip

Michael

#8 MichaelH

MichaelH

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:26 PM

There is an animation done by Funkdude in the 3.0 beta, (hope its ok using it ).

Michael

#9 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

There is an animation done by Funkdude in the 3.0 beta, (hope its ok using it ).

Michael

Well, it would have been best if you asked before using it, or at least letting me know before the beta went online, if you put my name and email adress in the credits itll do, please read your messages :D

#10 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

or at least letting me know before the beta went online

I think he was referring to the time of the Genetica beta. I don't think he's released anything in beta yet.

MichaelH, I tried running your little test app, but it complains that d3dx9_40.dll is missing.

#11 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:38 PM

:D

Well i dont know whats the rule the with textures made by others then spiralgraphics staff during beta time....

Edited by Funkdude, 23 February 2009 - 08:00 AM.

#12 Lord_Crusare

Lord_Crusare

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:41 AM

I,m back to C++ and Directx using the spriteinterface. This is a link to what i've done so far.

I downloaded this, and tried it. It runs for me, a few things though:
- Turn VSync off, that would boost performance pretty much.
- Give the users the possibility to set the options, like resolution, colour depth, etc. It isn't that difficult to make, but would add much.

Otherwise, it isn't bad, and it ran smoothly (except for a few slowdowns due to VSync).

#13 MichaelH

MichaelH

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:16 AM

Well, it would have been best if you asked before using it, or at least letting me know before the beta went online, if you put my name and email adress in the credits itll do, please read your messages :good:

You are right. Sorry.
But i don't wont to use it in any commercial way. What i've done above is a little "Techdemo" of the spritclass written by me in C++, and in this form only in this forum. I use Genetica 3 Basic and have
no chance making animations in Genetica, but i like to show that i can handle it whith my spriteclass. In >>>>> Genetica 3 studio beta <<<<<< time i exported youre "Cell or pollen.gtx" animation as
png file. Thats what i remembered and so i included it. Even though, i had to ask you before that.

Michael

#14 MichaelH

MichaelH

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

MichaelH, I tried running your little test app, but it complains that d3dx9_40.dll is missing.

Don't know, when have you updated directx the last time ? I'm using the latest DirectX SDK ( November 2008 ).

#15 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:41 AM

Don't know, when have you updated directx the last time ? I'm using the latest DirectX SDK ( November 2008 ).

Pretty often. I test games from time to time and click "yes" whenever they ask to update DirectX 9 or 10. I don't have the SDK installed though. I tried the "dxdiag" utility to see what version I have, but it only says I have DirectX 10 installed. I'm pretty sure 9 is installed too, but the utility doesn't give details on older versions that are also installed.

I tried looking to see what version of the file I have, but haven't been able to figure out yet where DirectX installs itself for me to peek at the files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users