Photo

Cannot find server error message on my computer.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 bholtzman

bholtzman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

I've tried to search on a term in the "Select Image" dialog. But Genetica is displaying an error at the end of the search. The error says "Server Not Found", "The resource library was unable to establish a connection with the serer. A connection is necessary to download graphics resources. Please ensure that your computer has an internet connection and that your firewall is set to give this application access."

I responded by putting Genetica in the exceptions list trying again. The result was the same error message being displayed as the first attempt.

I temporarily turned off the firewall to see if that would help and repeated the search, again, with the same results as before.

Then I captured the network traffic to see what was happening. I see three sessions being sent, the first and last have a response code of 200, while the second session was just a request header, whose raw data looked like this:

>H>TTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 16:54:56 GMT

Server: Apache

Vary: Accept-Encoding

Content-Length: 563369

Connection: close

Content-Type: text/html

There are 6 warnings in beginning of the first and third session. The first 2 seem the most interesting, "Creating default object from empty value in /home/ara.../.New members can't link on line 37"

And the 2nd warning "get_class() expects parameter 1 to be object, array given in /home/ara../.New members can't link on line 3612.

For some reason my clipboard isn't working with this forum. It's probably an IE thing.

Anyhow, I'm happy to provide additional information if this helps in trouble shooting. Good luck!

Ben

Edited by bholtzman, 19 July 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#2 JanLien

JanLien

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

What version of Genetica do you have?

#3 bholtzman

bholtzman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

4.0.1 Studio Edition

Sorry, I noticed this was in the wrong forum after I posted it. But don't know how to move it.

#4 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

Thank you for the report! One of our hosts was recently doing software upgrades and this may have caused problems. We're looking into it.

#5 bholtzman

bholtzman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

Not to be too pushy, but I'm hoping to be able to use the library of 1000's of royalty free images that come with Genetica, as it was a key factor in my decision to purchase Genetica. As far as I understand, I'm unable to do this while the "Cannot find server" error message remains. Could you provide a hint as to when this feature will be worked on?

Thanks,

Ben

#6 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

Have you verified that your firewall is not blocking Genetica?

#7 bholtzman

bholtzman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

Hi Skillrooster,

Thanks for taking an interest in my little dilemma. Yes, I added the application to my firewall exceptions list, and observed the same error. Then I temporarily turned off my firewall and observed the same error. Then I captured the network traffic and recorded 3 sessions from the Genetica process. 2 of the sessions returned 6 warnings with a response code of 200, which means that the server on the other end did answer the request. 1 of the sessions did not return a response code. Anyhow, it seems as though there is at least some kind of communication happening here. Which means that my firewall isn't blocking the recorded request/response sessions. But no images are ever shown and the same error message is always displayed. Are you able to view the online images from the 'Select Images' dialog? And if you are, are you able to download a non-cached full image? The images which display the "www" water mark on them?

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by bholtzman, 27 July 2014 - 07:58 AM.

#8 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

I have the same issue .It is a technical problem with the server. I am sure SG will sort it out soon.

I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#9 bholtzman

bholtzman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

I have faith it will be sorted out. I'm Just trying to understand how I should focus my own efforts while the issue remains. Oh well, variety is the spice of life, so I've heard.

#10 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

It has been awhile, since I checked. It does seam ring a bell that an error did occur the last time I tried, but it was a while ago. I was kind of hoping it was a quick fix for you. But it looks like we all will need to wait and see.

#11 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

I just tested it again. It seems to be ok now.

Edited by MonsterMind, 28 July 2014 - 09:29 AM.

I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#12 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

The problem should now be fixed--sorry for all the trouble. Although we have redundant servers to hopefully eliminate server downtime, the hosts upgraded a server-side code library that we relied on that had breaking changes. We've fixed the servers to be compatible with the new version of the library.

#13 bholtzman

bholtzman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Yes, the problem is solved. Thank you for addressing it, I definitely appreciate such a quick response! Not to seem ungrateful, but I'm still a bit confused. I was thinking that this was where the 1000's of royalty free images would become accessible because of the Texture Synthesis feature description on the product tour page that says: "Use your own photos or the included library of over a thousand royalty-free high-resolution texture photos." I see the image count has shown at ~430. Did I misunderstand something? Where do I find the rest of the images?

Thanks,

Ben

#14 Poseidon

Poseidon

Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

Yes, the problem is solved. Thank you for addressing it, I definitely appreciate such a quick response! Not to seem ungrateful, but I'm still a bit confused. I was thinking that this was where the 1000's of royalty free images would become accessible because of the Texture Synthesis feature description on the product tour page that says: "Use your own photos or the included library of over a thousand royalty-free high-resolution texture photos." I see the image count has shown at ~430. Did I misunderstand something? Where do I find the rest of the images?

Thanks,

Ben

By Zeus, you made me wondering what happened to the rest of the free images.

So I run Genetica and started the sisyphian task of counting them ( I am sure that Atlas must be laughing by now).

I came to a total of 1094 after counting some categories twice to avoid errors. 

If you decide to repeat the task be sure to select "All" when you chose a new category.

BTW if you are using a Demo version of Genetica you will not be able to see all of them.

#15 bholtzman

bholtzman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

Ok, I probably just don't understand what I'm looking at then. I appreciate the time and effort you guys went through on my behalf. I'm sure I'll get the hang of this with enough familiarity.

I'm using the studio version, which should show me the entire library. I'm guessing that the count I was looking at was a count of newly found web resources or something along those lines. If that was the case, then the count would be the total number of web resources - total number of web resources that are also on my local machine. So the total would probably be significantly under 1000. Say ~430 or so?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users