• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Catsy99

Catsy99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:39 PM

Hi, I am new to Genetica, and would like to know if it's possible to repeat an object along a path? I am trying to repeat an item that I created in the Canvas, along another "freehand" path that I created. For example, a dog-tag chain, where I'd like 1 chain piece repeated, along a curvy wave or a pattern path that I have drawn. (I tried bombing, via the Synthesis, but I can only bomb items in Genetica-defined structured patterns, or randomly). I have the Pro version. Any ideas or suggestions?

#2 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

How about using the combine node.

Attached Images

• Repeat Object.jpg

Attached Files

I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#3 Catsy99

Catsy99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. It's not quite as precise as I'd like, but it will do for a workaround for now.

(Eventually, I'd like to be able to repeat a single object, in its entirety, without being cropped/bombed, along a single line/path).

#4 Vicces1212

Vicces1212

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:25 AM

It's a bit tricky, but you can do something like that. The only problem is that you can't apply a gradient that follows a path, so you must prepare these paths as images, and then use them to remap what you want. So this is it, you grab your image, Move & Repeat it as many times as you want (8 in my example) and remap the results on your pre-made gradient maps. I hope it helps ;) Cheers!

Attached Images

• remap.png
  • chain-final.png

Attached Files

#5 Catsy99

Catsy99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:56 PM

Thanks Vicces1212 - this will really help me out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users