• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bholtzman

bholtzman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

Just found Genetica a couple of days ago. I was astonished with how wonderfully easy Genetica first appears to be to use to get very beautiful and professional texture/art. I say appears because I haven't spent enough time to know just what goes into making the Genetica texture images I've been looking at. I'm also impressed by how cordial the tone of conversation is in the forums. I hope to get to know the members over the years, and am excited to see how things progress!

A bit about myself. I'm a software engineer by trade. So I spend a great deal of time being an analytical artist. But not much time creating visual art. I've recently gotten into learning multi platform development, with a focus on educational titles and games. I'm training myself to be an artist while I learn how to work with the game engine I've chosen for cross platform development. As I better learn this type of development I'd love to share my work with the community to get feedback and constructive criticism.

Hope to talk with you soon!

#2 Sign Guy

Sign Guy

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

Welcome to the community.

Fred Weiss
Allied Computer Graphics, Inc.

#3 Poseidon

Poseidon

Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:43 PM

Welcome.

Genetica comes with an extensive manual and a number of tutorials ( http://www.spiralgra...tutor/index.htm). One can learn also about the immense capabilities of the software by analysing other people's gtxs.

#4 Poseidon

Poseidon

Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:46 PM

bholzman's latest comment:

"Thank you Sign Guy.

I'm going through the tutorials right now. I have so much to learn here. But I feel right at home doing it. Thank you for the pointers Poseidon. You get high points for the quality of what's in the manual. Not sure about quantity yet. But that may not be an issue if the same information is conveyed in fewer pages."

#5 bholtzman

bholtzman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

Oh, that's a bot that keeps posting. I thought it was a legitimate post the first time, so I visited the site and thought something seemed off.

#6 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:24 AM

They sometimes creep up on you :P

#7 Poseidon

Poseidon

Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

Well, it is off the screen now.

#8 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

Glad your on it, some spammers are like a virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users