http://www.ufodigest...408/colors.html

#17 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

That site looks familiar to me. Interesting information i gather.

#18 MilesOgara

MilesOgara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Well it makes your eyes hurt and youll sneeze pebbles

what my point was that on pictures of diffrent dates sometimes the sundial has its original colors and on some it doesnt, and on some pics the solar panels look almost dust free (no matter how fast i drive, dust wont blow off the car overhere :S)

but its at least an interesting subject for discussion haha

Yes it is interesting point of discussion but complete wastage of money.. We must not invest so much in exploring space and need to make earth planet a better place to live..

#19 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

And what if it requires living on mars? The longer it is put off, the longer it takes to be prepared for that day. At this time it would take several generations to be at that point. Maybe not Mars, but another planet , but it takes learning how to travel long distances, increasing speed of travel, etc. All of that takes time.

Also, any money spent on space would never be used for making Earth better even if we did away with NASA. Those funds would dry up, it would take money from more than one country not to mentions passage of laws.

This would be a much easier debate, if our planet had a single government running the entire planet, but that is not going to happen anytime soon. Way too many trust issues to resolve first.

In the mean time each country can play a role in training for space travel, it does not require passage of laws and the amount of money can span several decades or centuries. Which would allow gaps in non payment for years at a time, until time does run out. 

That said, I agree more needs to be done to protect out planet, but we do need to have an escape plan in place.

#20 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:15 AM

True, wasn't there a president once who said that to unite humanity, a threat from beyond this planet would do just that? A world government has been in the making for decades i think.

The benefit of space age technology is that during the development process, new materials and process are invented that are helpful here on earth as well. Perhaps to preserve our planet, is to strip-mine the moon and other celestial bodies, trying to keep earth in (or restore to) a prime condition. Instead of sucking our green and blue marble dry of resources, polluting it in the process.

#21 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

The least thing I would want is a Government solution to space. NASA might as well be done away with. Private localized ventures are better managed, cheaper and are growing. Sub-orbital flights will be common some day soon. There is talk about mining asteroids for energy. We can do space better then a messy bureaucracy. I think environmental problems can be better solved on a local level. We can grow our food locally instead of reliying on long disatances which actually create more pollution and is more costly across the board. Less oil, less water and less maintenance costs. Long distance food is less healthy for everyone and mass centralized agriculture is very destructive.

Edited by Allen 1, 11 April 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#22 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

...................   and mass centralized agriculture is very destructive.

Although much less expensive. If local production meant less cost than it would have been more competitive.

Edited by MonsterMind, 11 April 2014 - 01:32 PM.

I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#23 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

It is the Government that makes it hard to compete while operating on a local level. Too many rules, regulations and taxes. You can try and grow a garden like a local food co-op or be a small farmer but it is very hard to do. I see more interest in this which is good. I see more interest in local organic farming. The other issue is that we are to used to big agriculture but with education, things can change. The internet is already doing that.

Edited by Allen 1, 11 April 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#24 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

Here's is something to ponder over. How much further ahead would be if the space venture would have been privatized twenty or thirty years ago? Has the government been holding us back? Its is a possibility, but the other side of the coin is how much regulating would have been needed to stop any corrupt business practices developing the space venture.

As far as garden and farmers I do agree too much regulating is a bad thing, but there is businesses that cut corners that end up on our food tables as salmonella, etc. Its trying to find that balance of keeping business from being greedy and governments from stifling business growth. Seams over the years is has been all one way or the other with little balance.

#25 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:39 PM

There certainly is a lot to ponder over but it can get quite complicated with subjects such as these.   :)

Edited by Allen 1, 12 April 2014 - 12:01 AM.

#26 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

So true, which is why I don't do politics. LOL. Let someone else worry about it and take any heat from it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users