Photo

Difference between "Pro" and "Studio" for 4?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jwiede

jwiede

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

The old comparison chart shows no difference in "highest resolution", etc. between Pro and Studio versions of Genetica. However, the last few Genetica 4 betas seem to show Studio as supporting resolutions that Pro cannot, which seems at odds with that prior situation. Furthermore, it sounds like Pixelscript will only be available to Studio customers, not to Pro customers.

For those of us who purchased recently, and chose Pro based on the comparison chart published, it seems like there were actually a number of errors in the info presented where Studio _does_ offer benefits despite the chart saying otherwise. This makes me concerned that there may be other as-yet-unannounced areas where Pro and Studio are not equivalent, contrary to the chart.

Can someone from Spiral please clarify what differences will exist in Genetica 4 between the Pro and Studio package levels at release? Thanks.

#2 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

So far I know Animation, Pixelscript, and higher resolution are available to Studio owners only. The latest increase in the resolution is definitely a pleasant surprise and came following a recent request at this forum.
I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#3 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

If I recall they were going to test higher resolutions due to a customer request.

#4 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

The chart you're referring to lists Genetica 3.6 differences and will be updated shortly. The new feature differences are summarized on this page. The resolution differences in the beta, as Silkrooster mentioned, are a new experiment that hasn't become official yet.

If you feel you purchased an incorrect version, you can write our contact form for a refund. Although you might as well wait until the end of the beta period before making a decision. But either way, thank you for your support!

#5 Ace Dragon

Ace Dragon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

I have the pro version, but the stuff given to the studio version does make upgrading look a bit more attractive and I might have to consider that at some point down the road.

I look at the difference between Pro and Studio for 3.6 and I'm like 'all it adds is animation and I don't really need that'. I think the changes in version 4 will increase the number of Studio licenses sold because people will be able to make a better justification for the price difference.

Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.

#6 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

I agree although I had the studio already but now I know I made the right decision.
I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users