• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Indigo Mertel

Indigo Mertel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:17 AM

Torley Linden, Linden Lab's evangelist of Second Life, made a video tutorial on Wood Workshop to be used with Second Life:

[url="http://blog.secondlife.com/2008/06/28/make-seamless-textures-with-wood-workshop-video-tip-of-the-week-40/"]Tutorial with Wood Workshop for Second Life[/url]

#2 JammaNewt

JammaNewt

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:15 PM

Heh, Torley's video's are always pretty good but I have to remember to turn the volume down first, his enthusiasm fairly explodes out of my speakers.

Couldn't restrain myself, had to respond to the couple of Mac folks knocking him for highlighting a Windows-only program. Has anybody here tried to run Genetica on a Mac with one of the Windows emulators? I honestly can't think of anything besides FilterForge for Mac users that would compare to Genetica.

Edit: whoops, just checked, not even FilterForge is supposed to work with Mac...

Edited by JammaNewt, 28 June 2008 - 01:18 PM.

#3 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:22 PM

Indigo, thanks for sharing the link! That's great news!

Has anybody here tried to run Genetica on a Mac with one of the Windows emulators?

Although I haven't personally tried it, we have many Mac users who run our software using solutions such as Parallels and Fusion. These solutions do require a copy of Windows to work though.

#4 Andy Carolan

Andy Carolan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:36 AM

Newer intel based macs can run XP/Vista native using bootcamp. So all you really need is a new mac and a copy of vista. /smileNew members can't link' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />
Andy Carolan Illustration and Design

New members can't link.andy-carolan.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users