1 reply to this topic

#1 Jellyfish

Jellyfish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:46 PM

Hi,

Just found this gem of a program today. I've been looking for something like this for years, it's hard to find a program that will produce decent wood with little fuss.

There are a couple of things that I would really like to see in WW though. One is the ability to change the colour of individual tiles/blocks of wood. The variation in colour option is cool and all, but it would be nice to have extra control so one could make a fancy floor or wall with patterns of coloured wood. Like this wood I made; I wanted to make the stars lighter than the rest of the wood, but that isn't possible at this point (or possible only by using an image editing program afterwards, with a bit of work).
wizwood1.png

The other thing that may be nice are custom patterns. I don't know if this is possible at all, but it just seems limiting to only have the set given.

And of course, I read another post that suggested something I would like aswell, exporting of bump maps. Sure you could take the effects off and grayscale it, but it would just be nice to have a simple automated way of doing it.

Still, great program.

#2 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:00 PM

Hi Jellyfish,

I'm glad you're enjoying Wood Workshop!

The custom patterns and bump map exporting is something you'll be able to do if you ever choose to upgrade to Genetica. The good news is that the work you do in Wood Workshop won't be lost--any *.gtx files you save in Wood Workshop can be opened in Genetica where you'll have more editing options.

Thanks for the suggestion relating to making different pieces different colors.

Welcome to the forums!

Atlas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users