Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

Space Vortex

Attached Images

• Space Vortex.gif

Edited by MonsterMind, 22 September 2014 - 07:52 PM.

I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#2 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

... and the gtx

Attached Files

Edited by MonsterMind, 26 September 2014 - 11:34 PM.

#3 thereisonlyoneNM

thereisonlyoneNM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

Hi there

i would like to make this kind of animations myself, could you make a step by step tutorial please? Like i said to Funkdude, i have no idea how to work with Genetica, even when i open the gtx files inside Genetica :/

#4 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

Hi, There are a number of excellent tutorials here: http://spiralgraphic...tutor/index.htm

Also Genetica comes with an extensive manual that explains how the software works. You can find the manual also online here: http://spiralgraphic.../help/index.htm

Another way to proceed is to post a specific question and/or your own gtx in this forum for assistance.

To do animation one needs the studio version of Genetica. With the studio version you can open any animation gtx from this forum and see how it is made or alternative post it here with a question to get an explanation.

Edited by MonsterMind, 11 May 2016 - 09:30 AM.

#5 thereisonlyoneNM

thereisonlyoneNM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:49 AM

thank you for your answer

i have Genetica Studio, but when i open your gtx, or any other gtx, i'm lost about how the creator came to do it , and i did read the tutorials :/

#6 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

Are you referring to the animation part of the gtx?

Here is a simple example. If you select the combine node and than the green clock on the input selection line you will open the animate property box that allows you to edit the type of curve and play with time of movements, speed, etc.

Attached Images

• Hotel Gym.gif

Attached Files

#7 thereisonlyoneNM

thereisonlyoneNM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:01 PM

Sigh, i'm hopeless , MonsterMind ... i'm referring to the whole process, where to begin, what to do after, etc lol

But thank you for this simple example though, i know a little more now i think , though i never intended to use the draw tool

what i'd like to do is abstract animations like your space vortex, animated varied backgrounds, and also transforming imported images to make cool abstract animations with it.... i'm sure it's possible with this program, it's made for that, but when i open it i find myself on the same point, i don't really know what to do with it :/

ps: oh i do know to do one thing, it's animating tiles, like using synthesis, edit, import image, then play with the scale, then play with the seed and render frames one by one , then import them one by one , then join the frames together in another animation program. It gives nice effects , infinite actually, but not enough diversified, i would like more, using nodes properly you see? To make more hmm digital looking animations, diversified and different...

Sorry for the long answer, thank you so much for your attention

here is one example of what i'm able to do with it, which is, not using the nodes at all lol

Attached Images

• 111111.gif

#8 JanLien

JanLien

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:01 PM

Genetica is so multifaceted that it is difficult to give a general explanation of how do things. You can make the same thing in many different ways. Only by experimenting and analyzing examples posted in this forum you gradually understand the power of this software. I still discover new ways of doing things and new capabilities of this software. Concerning the animation any node that has  a clock allows to do animation within the capabilities of the node.

In general you have to design the abstract object you want first by using the nodes and than you choose within a node the part you want to animate.

In the vortex example the vortex was designed first without any animation and than a "move and repeat" node was inserted under the canvas node that was used to create a multi-color bar. The move and repeat node was used to animate an upward movement of the bar that created the animated effect of the vortex.

BTW the canvas node is very powerful and an easy way to understand some of Genetica's capabilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users