No updates yet?

#17 JanLien

JanLien

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

I love this program even without new updates.

#18 Funkdude

Funkdude

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:41 AM

As do we all :)

Lately ive been using Genetica top make animated sprites/particles fir effects in 3d games. I think thats one fo the overlooked, but very powerful features of Genetica, especially with the export functions (packed square etc).

#19 MichaelH

MichaelH

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:11 PM

Agreed, thats why i upgradet to studio with no hope that there is something going on.

#20 gordon

gordon

Forum Master

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

I have the authors privet email... somewhere... I will see if I can find out what is up...

Our Website: Westmarch Studios

There are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who do not.

#21 Zera

Zera

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:08 AM

Please, update this wonderful program!

#22 MarkT

MarkT

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:06 PM

Hey everyone. Thank you so much for all your thoughtful comments and for all the love and support you’ve shown me and Spiral Graphics over the years. Running this company has truly been a labor of love, and it’s been an honor serving so many talented and passionate people. I am awed by and truly appreciate all the passion, effort, and dedication that our community has shown. Despite over a decade pouring my heart and soul into Spiral, I wasn’t able to turn it into a thriving business, and I reached the point where I had to consider that life is a fleeting gift of inestimable value, and that our years must be spent carefully. At the same time, Genetica is a valuable tool that is loved by many, so it’ll take careful thought how to guide it to the next phase of its lifecycle in a way that will allow as many people as possible to benefit from the half-century of developer hours that have been poured into it. Adjusting the pricing to place it within more people’s reach is one option I’m considering.

I'm sorry to hear this... although I completely understand where you are coming from.

Hey Atlas, good to see that you popped in again, I was about to write Genetica off as dead software.

Have you considered offering the source code to licensees? This would allow the community to breathe life back into the product development-wise and things can get developed by way of a private GitHub repository, of course you would have the final say of which patches get it and you would still set releases. I think this might be the only way to go because you otherwise will not have the manpower to do much.

Indeed, I would love it if this were possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users