• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Linker

Linker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 01:43 AM

The "best" ways for clothes modeling depends greatly on what kind of technique you use for the deformation of the cloth. For most studio in-house tools, Maya, SyFlex etc a tailor-like method of making flat panels of cloth that are stitched together with seams like a real garment is usually the best. For simpler cloth simulators that don't have the more advanced stitching and seam functions it's usually easiest to duplicate the polygons from the body underneath the clothes into a new object and modifying them to look like clothes. For simple skeleton based deformation of the clothes (Like in poser, Daz etc I believe, games etc) use the same technique as for simple cloth simulators, only remove the polygons from the body underneath at the same time in order to avoid problems with body/clothes interpenetration etc.

And yes, by creating and selling models of characters, clothes and common objects you can make fairly easy money.

#17 manleystanley

manleystanley

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:49 AM

Well I'm a Pclub member now, Hex2 is awaiting download, and I have my serial number.
When you join you get a bunch of free stuff; note: you get what you pay for, I only downloaded 2 items. And the platinum club bonus pack, of which I could only find 5 items of any possable use to me, and 2 were the horse and tack :D
I may maintain my membership for a bit to see if they put any of the Carrara plugins in the sales section ;)
"An eye for an eye leads to a blind world" R.T.

#18 manleystanley

manleystanley

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:05 AM

Got it, took only 4 hours to download. I've looked at it; Hex2, but I haven't had time to work with it. Too busy today.

#19 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:29 PM

I finally had a look at the UI of Hex 2 and looks very easy to understand so i think i will buy it very soon here.............

#20 Linker

Linker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:04 AM

From reports I've seen the problem with Hex2 is stability... but then again, for $30....

#21 manleystanley

manleystanley

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:18 AM

This is going to take a while. Seems most of the tools I'm used to using are eather deep in the menus, or just not there. I see it has a custom setting for your displaied tools, so once I've found everything I'll set up my tool bar.
It's a rainy day today so I might have a chance to work with it; so far I think Silo was easyer to use, but I might change my mind once I have my custom tool bar set up.

#22 Webmist

Webmist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

Quite a few are having download issues. The way it looks I'd give it a week before I tried to download it. On DSL I can get it in about 5/6 hours. Hate to think what it would take on dialup. It would be nice if they offered to mail a dvd o, I'm sure people would pay $10 for a hard copy mailed to them.

http://www.spiralforums.biz/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2226

Your right for $35 though they will burn you a CD of your download collection and send it to you. Just do a search on the sight (after you buy) for CD Burn.

From the item description.

"Own a CD containing your personal DAZ 3D Collection. Burn any combination of products which you have previously purchased or you are in the process of purchasing, and use the copy as a backup of your poser library or to replace files lost in a hard drive crash. "

/smileNew members can't link' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> Long time PCMember
"You're just jealouse because the voices only talk to me."
My gaming obsession Sims2Smart
Genetica Textures - Your Genetica Resources

#23 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:03 PM

I just found the CD Burning option just yesterday after i read this post... i have been going to Daz's site for over a year now and just now found this out! :)

Well... atleast i know now.......... B)

#24 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:10 PM

Hex should be getting an update soon that will fix most of the current issues that many of the users are having now... at least that is what i have been reading at the Daz3d Site.............

#25 manleystanley

manleystanley

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:06 PM

I hope so. I can't get anything done with it. I've yet managed to compleat anything with out hitting a work stoping glitch.
But What I have done with it proves it could replace Meta. wait till you see the armchair tutorial :) man I wish I could model that fast; had to keep pausing it to see what tool he had selected :( .

Just checked and came back to add http://www.daz3d.com...product=hexagon
the 2.01 update. B)

Edited by manleystanley, 10 May 2006 - 06:09 PM.

#26 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:30 PM

Excellent... That was rather fast... hopefully the patch will fix most of the issues! B)

#27 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:16 PM

Hexagon 2.2 is out!

http://forum.daz3d.c...pic.php?t=61103

#28 manleystanley

manleystanley

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:36 PM

downloading, 2 hours :)

#29 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:49 PM

I finished in 20 minutes around early afternoon and i am on Wi-Fi. Maybe everyone decided to download around the evening hours. :)

#30 Allen 1

Allen 1

Alien Genius

• Full Members
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:51 PM

PS: I really do hope most of the bugs were taken care of. I still think the Hexagon has it going for a good modeler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users