7 replies to this topic

#1 DMCH

DMCH

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

Hi,

First off, I'd like to say thanks for offering a trial version of your product available for commercial use. As a first time game developer operating on a shoestring budget, it's been an enourmous help.

Your program helped me make some terrain textures for my game, and I'd like to keep my end of the agreement by providing credit. I have a credits screen in my game which is visible from the main menu. I looked on the site, (sorry if I missed it) but I can't find the exact details about what I should credit, can you confirm if this is ok?

Terrain textures generated with

Genetica (www.spiralgraphics.biz/)

Thanks

#2 MonsterMind

MonsterMind

Guru

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

New member cannot post a link. You could send a message directly to Atlas here: http://www.spiralgra...biz/contact.htm

I love swimming but more than that I love Genetica!

#3 Atlas

Atlas

Staff

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Welcome to the forum! Your account has been approved for posting links.  Feel free to post a link to your project, we'd enjoy taking a look.

And yes, that format for providing credit is fine. Thank you!

#4 DMCH

DMCH

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

Thanks Atlas. I'm just starting on the website and video now, so will post a link when I get them in better shape. I've added a credit in the credits section of the game. Thanks for letting me use your software, hopefully I'll be able to buy a copy someday soon.

#5 DMCH

DMCH

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

Hi,

Just launched by game, so as per Atlas's request, here's a link to the project. Thanks again for letting me use Genetic to make the terrains. It's a sci fi/horror themed, old school shooter, with elements of tower defense, resource management, and an in-depth character development system. There's also local co-op support for 2 players, and 2 separate stories.

I'm also on Steam Greenlight at the moment, so if you happen to be on Steam, and you'd like to cast a vote, you can find the Greenlight @ http://steamcommunit...s/?id=259480653 or search for Deadstone within Greenlight itself. Thanks!

#6 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

I was looking at your faq page. It is kind of suggested that it is windows based. If so, it should be stated that it is. I also recommend that you find some testers and test the game on a variety of systems, to verify no bugs will pop up.

Nothing you have to do, but are what I would recommend.

Good luck with your game.

#7 DMCH

DMCH

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

Thanks... yes, it's just Windows for now. I've made that a little more clear on the page. There's been quite a lot of testing for Windows, and the game is stable on that platform. I'm very conscienscous when it comes to releasing a stable game, which is mainly why I haven't released on Mac and Linux yet. I'll defo get some testers when the time comes to release on another platform. Thanks for your suggestions!

#8 Silkrooster

Silkrooster

Grandmaster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

Good for you. I wish more programmers would take that time to make it stable. I find most programmers are in such a hurry to get the next update out (probably due to the complaints) they end up breaking code that was working or over look bugs.

The more stable a program is on day one, the easier it is to update and keep it stable. (Thats the theory anyway)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users